Talyllyn Railway has announced that its café and shop will remain open, despite Government advice.
In a statement on the Talyllyn Railway Facebook page, the business said: “The UK Government have not told any business to close, so our staff are still here and the Cafe and Shop are open from 9am to 3pm.”
Talyllyn Railway is, however, taking certain measures to comply with current advice:
- Increased the cleaning regime to twice daily.
- Outside bistro seating under the canopy has been re-arranged to provide undercover external seating.
- Internally, the café has been arranged so each table is at least two metres away from another, and the café will be well ventilated.
- Offering a takeaway service – more details will follow soon.
Please come if you can, but follow all guidelines about health and self isolation if necessary.
- West Somerset Railway postpones first services of the season
- National Railway Museum to temporarily close
- South Devon Railway services suspended
- Coronavirus: Sadiq Khan says London public transport could be cut
- Statesman Rail and Saphos Trains cancel tours for “wellbeing of customers”
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.