Leighton Buzzard Railway has announced it is to reopen on Saturday 19 September after months of closures.
The Chairman of Leighton Buzzard Railway has thanked supporters for their patience, as the Railway also announced planned special events in September, October and November have been cancelled.
Extra measures have been put in place to ensure customer safety, including a reduction in the number of passengers per train to comply with social distancing advice.
- Encouraging all visitors to pre-book tickets online to allow us to manage numbers – walk-up tickets will be very limited due to the reduction in passenger capacity
- Adding partitions within carriages to create compartments. Only one family group or ‘bubble’ will be permitted per compartment
- Complying with government advice on the wearing of face masks on trains and enclosed areas
- Limiting entry into the enclosed booking office to one adult per group – other adults and accompanied children will be directed around the side of the building by volunteers
- Closing enclosed areas, including the craft shop and enclosed museum display areas as well as the Engine Shed Show on most operating days
- Extra cleaning of the trains in between journeys
- Special arrangements in the Buzzrail Café to permit social distancing
The Railway’s Chairman, Terry Bendall said: “I would like to thank all our customers and supporters for their patience, as well as our volunteers who have worked hard to get us to the point where we are able to safely reopen.
“We look forward to once again welcoming passengers to the railway and look forward to another enjoyable, if shortened, running season,” he added.
All planned special events at the railway for September, October and November have been cancelled – with a decision the Santa Specials to be announced later in the autumn.
Full details of the railway’s operating days, the timetable, and the new measures and procedures can be found at www.buzzrail.uk.
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Severn Valley Railway announces famous ‘Five’ as first guest for Autumn Steam Gala - 5th August 2022
- Planned strike ‘threatens Tube’s financial recovery’ - 3rd August 2022
- Passenger numbers reach 93% of pre-pandemic levels - 28th July 2022