The Railway Preservation Society of Ireland is delighted to announce the latest in the series of diesel
The route is:
Dublin Heuston – Cork = 071+201 class locomotives in multiple
Cork – Cobh = 201 class locomotive
Cobh – Cork (avoiding line) – Mallow – KIillarney – Mallow = 071 locomotive
Mallow – Dublin Heuston = 071+201 class locomotives in multiple
This will see the first ever operation of 071 and 201 class locomotives working a passenger train.
A number of photostops are planned for the day.
As with previous diesel railtours this one is sure to very popular and will sell out quickly so don’t delay and get your booking in as soon as possible.
The train will be made up of our Cravens coaching stock complete with usual facilities of snack car serving a variety of hot and cold items throughout the day alongside our renowned bar car with draught and bottled beverages available all day.
Fare €70(plus online booking fee)
(1) Check out our Frequently Asked Questions before contacting us.
(2) Tickets/seat allocations will be emailed/posted 10 days before the train date.
(3) If travelling as a group, please make one booking to be allocated seats together.
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Our Black Friday magazine subscription sale is now on! - 26th November 2020
- More projects to reverse Beeching rail cuts given funding - 26th November 2020
- Students to avoid journey change fees this Christmas - 25th November 2020