The Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway is to welcome two visiting locomotives when it hosts its Summer Steam & Beer Extravaganza event.
The July 13-14 event will see two Exmoor-built locomotives visiting the railway for the first time – 0-4-0STT St Egwin from the Evesham Vale Light Railway and 0-6-0 Sandy from the private Wotton Light Railway in Wotton Underwood, Buckinghamshire.
- Other attractions will include:
- Rides on 7¼in gauge demonstration track;
- Traction engines on display;
- The exhibition of model railway layout ‘Borth, Aberdovey & Ynyslas Miniature Railway’;
- A fairground organ;
- An intensive timetable;
- A bouncy castle;
- A large range of real ales available from the line’s award-winning pub ‘The Signal Box Inn’; and live entertainment.
Normal train fares will apply – with day rover tickets also available.
In a separate development, the friendly 15in gauge seaside line has boosted its locomotive fleet this year with the arrival on loan from the Longleat Railway of No. 5 Ceawlin, a steam outline 0-8-2DH built by Severn Lamb/J.Hayton in 1975.
Trains are currently running daily every 30 minutes.
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.