The Watercress Line is hosting a weekend of traction engines and vintage vehicles from May 21-23.
The railway will displaying everything, from classic cars, motorcycles, tractors and commercial vehicles, as well as large and miniature traction engines and steam lorries.
- Stockton and Darlington Railway: 200 year celebrations
- Ffestiniog Travel announce 2022 Touring Rail Holidays
- Colonel Stephens: Celebrating a light railway legend
On each day, the displays will be open from 10.30am to 5pm and guests are welcome to stop at Ropley Station where traction engines will be on display in the car park.
Petrolheads should also make their way to Ropley Station’s top car park, where they will find a huge selection of vintage cars, motorbikes and tractors on display.
Simon Baggott, General Manager at the Watercress Line, said: “Vintage vehicles and traction engines are always a huge draw for our visitors and the variety on display at this year’s event looks set to be outstanding. We’re delighted to be able to give visitors the opportunity of getting up close to this huge array of beautiful vintage vehicles and engines.”
For more information on ticket prices and travel, visit: www.watercressline.co.uk/vintage-vehicles
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Grant Shapps: We aim to silence ‘endless torrent’ of train announcements - 21st January 2022
- London Transport Museum reveals exhibition to celebrate Caribbean contribution to transport history - 21st January 2022
- Crossrail ‘on track’ to begin passenger services in first half of 2022 - 19th January 2022