Mid-Suffolk Light Railway has announced its popular Middy in the War Years weekend will return this month.
As COVID-19 restrictions ease, the ambitious 1940s event will take place over the May Bank Holiday weekend on May 30/31.
- Last surviving BR Class 71 cosmetically restored at Locomotion
- Let’s bee friends: Govia Thameslink Railway prepare for World Bee Day
- Eight-year-old Josh rides to the aid of crisis-hit Llangollen Railway
Middy in the War Years will be the first event of the 2021 programme following a year of struggles during the pandemic.
The weekend celebrates the Mid-Suffolk Light Railway’s part in World War Two with a wide range of re-enactors including a famous face or two, displays of memorabilia and a long list of military and vintage vehicles. And for the first time, a re-enactment group of German Mountain Troops.
Plus, of course, two locomotives in steam carrying out passenger train and demonstration duties.
With the number of confirmed contributors and participants, Middy in the War Years brings history alive and makes a great day out for families and enthusiasts alike.
Times, prices and ticketing arrangements are available on the Mid-Suffolk Light Railway’s website.
COVID-19 restrictions means visitors must book in advance. No tickets will be on sale at the entrance.
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- UK railway news roundup - 18th June 2021
- GALLERY: Pendolino No. 390044 attempts to break Glasgow-London record - 17th June 2021
- LIVE: London to Glasgow Central record-breaking attempt fails - 17th June 2021