Passengers Once More is a series of books charting reinstated or new stations and lines on Britain’s rail network since nationalisation in 1948.
Arranged in line and geographical order, each book in the series is copiously illustrated with photographs of all the locations featured.
Data provided for each location include:
- Opening, closing and reopening dates
- Map reference
- The original railway company and the company currently managing the station
- Reference details to photographs of the same location published in the British Railways Past & Present series.
- Comments on the frequency of the service, reasons for opening/reopening and other features as appropriate.
This fifth book in the series, by Terry Gough and Bob Avery, takes us to Scotland, covering all relevant stations and lines from the smallest halt to the major station developments and the popular new line reopenings.”
Passenger Once More is available to order for only £20.00 from www.mortonsbooks.co.uk
Mortons Books has an extensive library of Railway books covering everything from the pioneering days of the early railways to the golden age of steam, the devastating Beeching cuts, the British Rail days, preservation and the ongoing story of modern diesel and electrics. Visit the website today to see the full library!
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Network Rail gets on board for Samaritans’ Small Talk Saves Lives - 3rd August 2021
- Tests show no traces of Covid-19 at four major railway stations - 2nd August 2021
- Book of the Week: Bluebell Railway Recollections (2nd Edition) - 26th July 2021