Ribble Steam Railway and Museum are looking for a Front of House Assistant to work alongside a small team of professional staff and volunteers. Together you will deliver an enjoyable museum and attraction visit experience and build our online presence.
This is a varied role and you will get a good understanding of what it is like to run a museum and working heritage attraction, welcoming visitors on our open days and getting involved in digital communications.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working with others and is committed to helping others flourish, appreciating, respecting and valuing the contributions of all.
The Front of House Assistant is a temporary 6-month position and offers a great opportunity to get some sound industrial heritage work experience in a fascinating working environment.
Further information is outlined here: Front-of-House-Assistant-Job-Specification-20-07-21-Issue 4
The Front of House Assistant
Salary: £16,016 pa
Contract: August 2021 – 28 February 2022
Hours: 28 hrs per week (including bank holidays and weekends in season)
Location: Preston Docklands
Application deadline: Friday 13 August 2021 12 pm
Interviews: Mid August 2021
To be considered for this role, please include in your submission:
- A covering letter to say why you would like to be considered for this role. Telling us about your abilities, skills and experience in relation to the role duties and responsibilities outlined. Front-of-House-Assistant-Job-Specification-20-07-21-Issue 4
- An Up-to-date CV
- Your Application Form – RSR Job Application Form V1.0 01.19 -1.3 (see download)
- Your GDPR Consent Form – RSR GDPR Consent Form for Job Applicants 01.19 (see download)
Please email 1 to 4 to Linda Crawley, Front of House Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 13 August 2021 12 pm. For an informal chat about the role please contact Mike Rigg, Ribble Steam Railway Director email@example.com or call 07904 952505.
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Book of the Week: Young Railway Photographer of the Year 2022 - 13th June 2022
- Emergency workers ‘did not treat blind man amid live railway track concerns’ - 27th April 2022
- Spring Steam Gala: Sunday, May 1st & Bank Holiday Monday, May 2nd - 26th April 2022