Warley Model Railway Club has announced that the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2021 at the NEC has been cancelled due to COVID-19.
Despite the lifting of restrictions, the ongoing perception of risk means there are too many uncertainties to deliver the event in 2021.
- Miniatur Wunderland model railway sets Guinness World Record during lockdown
- Bachmann Collectors Club unveils Super BG Coach model
- Reviewing the New Steampunk Models from Bassett-Lowke
The exhibition team’s decision was to cancel this year’s exhibition and rebook for 2022 in the hope that things are more positive in the model railway world.
Warley Model Railway Club and the NEC have worked together successfully for many years to deliver a quality experience for both visitors and exhibitors and we aim to maintain these standards for future events.
In a statement to exhibitors, the organisers said: “While disappointing, we feel this is the best option in the current climate. However, we have booked the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition at the NEC on 26-27 November 2022 and look forward to staging our world leading model railway event again then.”
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- PREVIEW: October issue of Steam Days magazine - 16th September 2021
- Violence against transport workers worse during pandemic – rail union warns - 16th September 2021
- Grant Shapps retains Transport Secretary position in PM cabinet change-up - 16th September 2021