The Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway have recently started delivery of a major National Lottery Heritage Fund supported project that will provide interpretation across the railway; develop skills; conserve historic buildings at Boston Lodge. Find out more at nlhfproject.festrail.co.uk.
A key post for the project is the Engineering Volunteers Leader who will resource and facilitate working parties to deliver the project heritage engineering activities at Boston Lodge Works, and, in the process, manage and facilitate the transfer of skills and knowledge to and between volunteers recruited to the teams working on these projects.
This post is being readvertised as the responsibilities (and salary) have increased and this is now considered to be a management level post.
The Engineering and Volunteers Leader will also have responsibility for organisation-wide recruitment and development of volunteers and include line management responsibilities.
The contract is full-time for 3 years, starting as soon as possible and based at Boston Lodge, Minffordd, Penrhyndeudraeth.
Weekend working will be required for this position. Candidates must be prepared to be flexible over working times/days to facilitate the volunteer-led working parties.
- Engineering skills relevant to a heritage railway supported by a relevant qualification.
- Team Leadership skills and experience demonstrating the ability to facilitate multiple projects effectively.
- Training and mentoring experience.
- Clear people centred focus and excellent relationship management skills demonstrating the ability to work with volunteers and staff at every level.
- Ability to plan multiple work streams.
- Good administrative skills to support detailed report writing of activities & volunteer teams; including ability to support reporting on the project to the NLHF.
- Demonstrable experience in effective communication.
- The ability to speak Welsh would be a distinct advantage as would knowledge of the railways, and the local area.
We can offer you:
- A minimum salary of £31,000 per annum dependant on skills and experience.
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday, inclusive of all bank and public holidays. Pro rata for part-time posts.
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme after a qualifying period.
- Company enhanced sick pay.
- Travel benefits on the Ff&WHR and on national rail according to the Rail Staff Travel rules in place at the time of employment.
All applications should follow the guidance in the Application Information and must comprise a completed Application Form and Equality and Diversity Recruitment Monitoring Form and may also include a CV, all emailed to [email protected].
Deadline: Mid-day 14th February. Interviews will be on 17th February.
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox…
You can unsubscribe at any time.