Strikes by railway workers and cleaners in two separate disputes over pay were said to be “solidly supported” on Sunday.
- Great Central Railway approves plans for £1m bridge replacement
- Cracks in trains caused by excess movement and salt in the air
RMT general secretary Mick Lynch said: “Our members on TPE and the West Coast routes are standing firm again this weekend in their separate fights for pay and workplace justice.
“It’s time for both employers to stop treating their staff with contempt and to start talking about genuine solutions that address our issues.”
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Book of the Week: Young Railway Photographer of the Year 2022 - 16th May 2022
- Emergency workers ‘did not treat blind man amid live railway track concerns’ - 27th April 2022
- Spring Steam Gala: Sunday, May 1st & Bank Holiday Monday, May 2nd - 26th April 2022