The Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway is starting delivery of a major national lottery funded project that will provide interpretation across the railway; develop skills; conserve historic buildings at Boston Lodge.
This is an exciting time with the recent World Heritage Site announcement with which the project has close links and shared ambitions to make a positive impact in the area.
A key post for the project is the Training and Events supervisor who will help to organise and then deliver skills training and subsequent record-keeping for engineering volunteers. The successful applicant will also help to facilitate workshops for schools and interested members of the public.
- Engineering skills relevant to a heritage railway supported by a relevant qualification
- Team Leadership skills and experience demonstrating the ability to facilitate multiple projects effectively.
- Training and mentoring experience
- Clear people centred focus and excellent relationship management skills demonstrating the ability to work with volunteers and staff at every level
- Ability to plan multiple work streams
- Good administrative skills to support activities & volunteer teams
- Demonstrable experience in effective communication
- The ability to speak Welsh would be a distinct advantage as would knowledge of the railways, and the local area
- A salary of £15,900 (pro rata of £26,500 per annum)
- A minimum of pro rata of 28 days paid holiday, inclusive of all bank and public holidays
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme after a qualifying period
- Company enhanced sick pay
- Travel benefits on the Ff&WHR and on national rail according to the Rail Staff Travel rules in place at the time of employment.
The contract is 0.6 FTE for 2 years, starting in Autumn 2022, based at Boston Lodge, Minffordd, Penrhyndeudraeth.
Occasional weekend working will be required for this position. Candidates must be prepared to be flexible over working times / days to facilitate the volunteer-led working parties.
All applications should be through the project website (nlhfproject.festrail.co.uk/careers) where further information can be found. The closing date is mid-day on 26th August.
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Severn Valley Railway announces famous ‘Five’ as first guest for Autumn Steam Gala - 5th August 2022
- Planned strike ‘threatens Tube’s financial recovery’ - 3rd August 2022
- Passenger numbers reach 93% of pre-pandemic levels - 28th July 2022