Fancy a day out with a difference this summer? How about a journey into the past at a railway museum?
The Railway Hub brings you three very different venues, home to a varied collection of exhibits, large and small, charting the evolution of the railways from the earliest years to present day – both in the British Isles and in Europe.
Mangapps Railway Museum
The Mangapps Railway Museum will be celebrating their 30th birthday over the August Bank Holiday Weekend with more working trains than ever, open everyday in August.
There are “new and improved” areas to display the splendid expanding Mangapps Collection. Mangapps is no ordinary railway, it is “the must-do place to visit!”
- See their website for more details: www.mangapps.co.uk/
- Southminster Road, Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex, CM0 8QG
- Tel: 01621 784 898
Head of Steam: Darlington Railway Museum
Imagine stepping back in time. Venture into Darlington Railway Museum’s original 1840s railway station and explore the platform, with its original footbridge, booking office, waiting room, newspaper kiosk and Victorian toilets.
Journey through time and admire their historic locomotives, including Locomotion No. 1.
- Visit: www.head-of-steam.co.uk, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Station Road, Darlington, DL3 6ST
- Tel: 01325 405060
The Danish Railway Museum
See the Danish Railway Museum’s full-size and fully functional replica of Denmark’s first train engine ODIN, from 1846, which was completed in 2018, and experience our large collection of vintage trains. You can see ODIN daily from 10am – 4pm.
- The Danish Railway Museum website: www.jernbanemuseet.dk
- Dannebrogsgade 24, 5000 Odense C, Denmark, CVR 3835 8960
- Tel: +45 6613 6630
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Grant Shapps: We aim to silence ‘endless torrent’ of train announcements - 21st January 2022
- London Transport Museum reveals exhibition to celebrate Caribbean contribution to transport history - 21st January 2022
- Crossrail ‘on track’ to begin passenger services in first half of 2022 - 19th January 2022