Eurostar is trialling a “press for champagne” button to mark 100 days until its 25th anniversary.
A free glass of fizz will be served to the first 25 passengers on selected trains who activate the feature. The button is available on the rail operator’s smartphone app on Tuesday and then every Friday for the rest of August, on these services:
- 5.01pm departure from London to Paris
- 5.13pm departure from Paris to London
- 5.16pm departure from London to Brussels, Rotterdam and Amsterdam.
The first Eurostar trains left London for Paris and Brussels on November 14 1994.
Some 11 million passengers travelled with the firm in 2018, up 7% on the previous year.
Eurostar’s chief customer officer Marc Noaro said: “For 25 years Eurostar has provided customers with a fast, comfortable and enjoyable way to travel.
“We’re trialling a new ‘press for champagne’ button this summer to offer travellers a chance to join in the celebrations and make their trip even more special.”
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Government takes over Southeastern train services - 17th October 2021
- Swanage Railway announces Steam and Lights Christmas schedule - 16th October 2021
- Government to restore services to the Dartmoor Line - 13th October 2021