Eurostar is trialling a “press for champagne” button to mark 100 days until its 25th anniversary.
A free glass of fizz will be served to the first 25 passengers on selected trains who activate the feature. The button is available on the rail operator’s smartphone app on Tuesday and then every Friday for the rest of August, on these services:
- 5.01pm departure from London to Paris
- 5.13pm departure from Paris to London
- 5.16pm departure from London to Brussels, Rotterdam and Amsterdam.
The first Eurostar trains left London for Paris and Brussels on November 14 1994.
Some 11 million passengers travelled with the firm in 2018, up 7% on the previous year.
Eurostar’s chief customer officer Marc Noaro said: “For 25 years Eurostar has provided customers with a fast, comfortable and enjoyable way to travel.
“We’re trialling a new ‘press for champagne’ button this summer to offer travellers a chance to join in the celebrations and make their trip even more special.”
From the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
About the Author
Latest posts by Sam Hewitt (see all)
- UK railway news round-up - 24th January 2020
- South Western Railway workers vote to continue strikes in guards dispute - 23rd January 2020
- Great Central Railway to restore Thornbury Castle - 23rd January 2020