The next stop for London Transport Museum is the Museum Depot at Acton. The museum’s upcoming September Open Weekend is inspired by the golden age of travel and London’s rich heritage of rail termini.
Hear about the ambitious visions for these striking buildings, from the celebrated to the condemned.
Also, discover how the creation of new rail routes transformed the lives of city dwellers and continue to play a significant role in how residents and visitors travel around London.
- Hear from Tube expert Oliver Green and award-winning photographer Benjamin Graham about the history of the tube and join them for a special book signing afterwards.
- London has more mainline termini than any other city in the world. Learn more about the stations, history and the neighbourhoods that surround them.
- See how London Bridge was transformed by the Thameslink programme into a triple award-winning station
- Discover the colourful history of the iconic fabric that makes up the Underground’s seats
- Peek inside the Small Object Store with our knowledgeable guides
- Watch a screening of the BAFTA award-winning film short Terminus (1961, Schlesinger)
- Meet costumed characters
- Enjoy family craft activities
- Take a scenic tour of Acton on a heritage bus or ride on our Miniature Railway
- Try your hand at being a train operator in our Victoria Line driving cab
All you need to know…
Location: Museum Depot, Acton Town.
Date: Saturday and Sunday 28 and 29 September 2019
Time: 11:00 to 17:00, with last admissions at 16:00
Tickets: Adults £12; Concessions £10; Children and LTM Friends go free
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Swanage Railway announces Steam and Lights Christmas schedule - 16th October 2021
- Government to restore services to the Dartmoor Line - 13th October 2021
- Dean Forest Railway gearing up for 50th anniversary celebration - 13th October 2021