Celebrate the heyday of passenger rail travel around Britain with the beautiful The Times Golden Years of Rail Travel.
The perfect gift for any railway enthusiasts this Christmas! Take a journey back to the boom time for Britain’s railways with a unique collection of fascinating stories, photographs, posters and railway ephemera.
Leading railway author Julian Holland tells the story of an evocative period in Britain’s railway history – gone forever but never forgotten.
A century of rail travel
Discover a century of rail travel in Britain, covering:
- Late 19th century to 1922: The zenith of Britain’s railways, with 120 companies operating.
- 1923 to 1947: Railway companies are grouped into the ‘Big Four’.
- 1948 to 1994: Nationalisation heralds the era of British Railways.
You can purchase a copy of Golden Years of Rail Travel here.
The Times Golden Years of Rail Travel, on sale now!
- ISBN: 9780008323752
- Imprint: Times Books
- Format: Hardcover
- Trimsize: 282x219mm
- Pages: 272
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- UK railway news roundup - 30th July 2021
- ‘Hidden’ Lake District railway station restored to feature Murder On The Orient Express set cafe - 29th July 2021
- Rail unions call public meeting over future of Eurostar - 29th July 2021