Hampshire’s Watercress Line is hosting a unique Christmas spectacular this month with the world’s first digital LED train.
Steam Illuminations at Watercress Line sees the S15 class steam locomotive 506 pull the digital LED train, created using thousands of fully controllable colour mixing LED lights.
The huge lights event showcases 13,174 fully controllable colour mixing LED lights and LED wristbands, lighting up both the exterior and interior of the train.
- Pendennis return moves closer as boiler and frames are reunited
- The last Haydn Jones train commemoration
- Colonel Stephens: Celebrating a light railway legend
Visitors to the Steam Illuminations at Watercress Line will marvel at the lights, then travel up and down the Railway’s 10 mile line. Trains depart from either Alresford or Alton and complete a round trip, back to the starting station.
Tickets start from £45 for two adults, visit the Watercress Line website to find out more.
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Book of the Week: Railways and Recollections - 27th June 2022
- Passenger numbers as low as 12% as services disrupted by rail strikes - 23rd June 2022
- What rail services will run on Friday after the latest strike? - 23rd June 2022