The Great Central Railway (GCR) has announced that it will be reopening all four of its stations from June 26, 2021.
During recent months all passenger trains have been running from Quorn and Woodhouse Station operating a single round trip service only.
- Severn Valley Railway’s Harrier Hydroshunter project passes significant milestone
- Lilla and Britomart to visit Statfold Barn
- Fantastic railway shows and audiobooks on offer with Amazon Prime Day!
As from Saturday 26 June visitors will be able to board and disembark from the trains at Loughborough, Quorn & Woodhouse, Rothley and Leicester North Stations.
The Great Central Railway will be reintroducing their popular all day ROVER ticket at just £18.00 for an adult as against the current single journey ticket. Visit the GCR website for further details.
This will enable visitors, once again, to visit and explore the railway and all of our stations, the Butler Henderson Café and Ellis Tea Rooms for a great selection of fine foods and refreshment and our quirky Tin Shed Shanty Bar, at Quorn, for a pint of real ale, draught cider, wines and soft drinks.
At Loughborough, the GCR Retail Shop will be open with counter service only.
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- UK railway news roundup - 30th July 2021
- ‘Hidden’ Lake District railway station restored to feature Murder On The Orient Express set cafe - 29th July 2021
- Rail unions call public meeting over future of Eurostar - 29th July 2021