Blackpool Transport has announced it is to temporarily suspend all tram services from Sunday, March 29 until further notice due to the ongoing Coronavirus situation. The Blackpool Council-owned operator is also reducing the frequency of some of its bus routes.
Bus route 1, which parallels the tram line (Fleetwood to Starr Gate), will run to a revised timetable which starts and finishes at the same time as the current tram timetable on a 30-minute frequency. This, Blackpool Transport said, provides a suitable alternative while the tramway is suspended as the service will begin earlier in the day and finish in line with the current tram times.
The operator said in a statement: “Passenger numbers are lower than normal as people are staying safe and only travelling when it is necessary. We’re taking steps to ensure our staff and passengers stay safe by reducing the number of services that are running each day. We want to continue to offer vital services to the communities that we serve. This measure will also help us to manage staffing resources as best as we can.”
More details can be found at https://www.blackpooltransport.com/important-changes-your-bus-services
- Grant Shapps: Key workers ‘will have space to be safe’ on rail services
- West Somerset Railway postpones first services of the season
- National Railway Museum to temporarily close
- South Devon Railway services suspended
- Thieves target East Lancashire Railway after forced closure
- Coronavirus: Police on rail patrol to urge passengers to only make essential journeys
Railway ReadsFrom the history of steam through to 21st century rail transport news, we have titles that cater for all rail enthusiasts. Covering diesels, modelling, steam and modern railways, check out our range of magazines and fantastic subscription offers.
Get The Railway Hub Weekly Round-upEnter your e-mail address below and you will receive weekly rail news straight into your inbox...
You can unsubscribe at any time.
About the Author
- Talyllyn Railway to host Titfield Thunderbolt ‘Watch Party’ online while 1950s classic film is on TV - 7th April 2020
- West Somerset Railway funding appeal hits the right notes! - 3rd April 2020
- Blackpool trams to be suspended from Sunday - 26th March 2020